Thursday, January 27, 2011

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Do you think Elizabeth Barrett Browning had as much trouble saying 'I love you' as I do? I mean we all know that she created beautiful words on paper, but was she able to tell the person she wrote 'How do I love thee? Let me count the ways", face to face, that her poem was about him? I imagine that the beauty of words helped her on paper and in person (574 letters to her love proves that). I don't have the natural flow of words, it usually takes me a few times to write and re-write before it's just 'okay'. I do know, however, that anything can happen in life, good and bad, and wouldn't it just be a drag if the people who meant the most to you didn't know how you felt? I think so. I know, I know! You are probably thinking, "What is the point to this, Hunter?" Well, I have decided that I need to write down exactly how I feel, in letters, to the people I love. Words will be jumbled and it will more than likely be super sappy, but who cares! I don't want any of the people I know I love to ever question that, I mean really, what good is life if you only go through it with regret? I don't want to ever feel that way...here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment