Thursday, October 21, 2010

Deja Vu...

I was reading Kelle Hampton's blog the other day when I came upon something that she said her husband always says. The quote is as follows: "When you have a moment of deja vu, it means you are exactly where you are supposed to be in life; that, somehow, if you feel like you've lived through a moment in life before, it has to mean the universe is letting you know you should be living that moment." I couldn't agree with this profound statement more! I have had a couple deja vu moments here and I have thought the same thing. Reading it from a complete strangers blog just validates that thought even more.

I am loving being here, but I am feeling like I am at a lull, a dead end, a complete standstill. I don't really have anybody to hang out with and I can't speak the language so going out on the town would probably end in disaster. I have to get over this, I am way too much of a people person to only have conversations with a six and four year old!! I keep telling myself that I don't act like this at home, so why should it be different here? I know that I am supposed to be here and I know that there are many exciting things to do, see and photograph, I just have to get out of my new comfort zone! Honestly, this 'comfort zone' really isn't that comfortable and is completely the opposite of who I am!

Goals for November:
*Meet interesting people
*See new things everyday
*Don't think of a strike as the end of the world, just another exciting adventure!

These things can and will be done. Now, I just have to figure out my next adventure to overcome!

xx

p.s. I'm seeing MGMT in Germany in November!! OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! How many people can say that they saw one of their favorite bands in another country?!?! This girl will soon be able to!! WAHOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment