Sunday, September 19, 2010

older


Today, I am 24. Today, I feel beautiful. Today, I feel free.
Today, I don't feel like a broken piece of art,
but a profound art piece that no one wants to pass up.
Today, even though I'm more than 5,000 miles away from my
amazing friends and family, I still feel loved. Today, I am happy. Today, I am
content with my life. Today, I was finally me.

Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow brings even more freedom.
Tomorrow isn't a scary thought anymore, but an exciting adventure.
I'm free. I'm happy.
I'm no longer a prisoner of fear, instead, I knock on it's door and say:
"Fuck You"
I'm loving me and who I'm becoming, more and more each day.
I am:
Strong.
Independent.
Lovely.
Beautiful.
Talented.
Gifted.
Loved.
Artsy.
Free Spirit.
Sensitive.
Laugh-er.
Lover not a Fighter.
Free Bird.
Thinker.
Jesus Lover.
Religion Hater.
Photographer.
Sister.
Friend.
daughter.
I have room to grow, and I am not afraid.

2 comments:

  1. Darling, this makes my heart swell and my eyes float. I am so proud of you, my little sister. You are so precious to me!

    ReplyDelete